Draft Minutes – subject to approval at the next meeting
Wyoming Township Plan Commission
Minutes of the meeting Tuesday, May2, 2017
Site Visit Saturday April 29 – DeSchepper and Symon Hanson : 1) Terry Shifflet and neighbor Don Stroud. Current 2-track mud drive goes from Lake View Road about ¼ of the way and is relatively flat. The remainder of the drive up the hill is completed with gravel, pull-outs, run-off ditches and culverts. He proposes to improve the drive, re-align access 90 degrees to road. 2) Marty Limmex proposes to add another drive entrance to Rush Creek Road giving a drive-through and better access to the machine shed for his wagons. Small red cedars have been recently planted as screening. No culvert is proposed. 3) Steve Murphy and neighbor Lauri Derse. Murphy proposes selling wooded acreage to add to piece with house sold last summer. In order to retain a 40 acre A-1 parcel himself, his sale acreage was reduced from 23 to 16 acres.
Plan Commission members in attendance: Mike Degen, Mary Lloyd-Jones, Allen DeSchepper, Floyd Hamblen, Lew Lama, Lara Stroud and Judy Symon Hanson. Public Present: Steve Murphy, John Dunagan, Debbie George, Michaela Weyer, Dean Farhni, Terry Shifflet, Marty Limmex, Phil Limmex
1. Meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Chair Degen.
2. Minutes of the meeting April 11, 2017, were reviewed. Motion to approve by Lloyd-Jones, second by DeSchepper. Carried.
3. Marty Limmex Driveway. New application is more thorough. Sight lines are within standards. Culvert can be added later if necessary. Traffic patterns discussed, including headlight effects. Limmex agreed to meet again to adjust new drive further north to minimize the impact of the light on neighbors. Degen moved, second by DeSchepper to recommend approval by the Town Board of the driveway application on the condition that a further site visit to determine placement take place with concerned parties and a Commission member before Tuesday, May 9, Board meeting. Carried
4. Shifflet Driveway DeSchepper and Symon Hanson reported on the site visit, that the neighbor expressed no concerns and that standards of the ordinance are met. Symon Hanson moved, second by DeSchepper to recommend approval by the Town Board of the driveway application. Carried
5. Murphy Land Division DeSchepper and Symon Hanson reported on the site visit, that the neighbor expressed no concerns. Murphy explained that the preliminary survey showed his acreage was smaller than expected. He had hoped to sell enough for the new owners, Trey and Debbie George, to have 40 acres. Instead they will have 34 acres. This will require a different re-zoning, but the Georges are responsible for that. Symon Hanson moved, second by DeSchepper to recommend approval by the Town Board of the land division. Carried
6. Further Business 1) BugTussel will present at June meeting. 2) Pig Roast is set for Saturday after Labor Day – September 9. Lama will check out the poster. 3) We need to spend a meeting re-defining “adjacent landowner” and our submittal package in general.
7.Motion to adjourn at 7:50 pm. Moved by Symon Hanson, second by Lloyd-Jones. Carried.
Our next regularly scheduled meeting will be Tuesday, June 6, at 7:00.
Respectfully submitted, Judy Symon Hanson, Secretary